The vision for the Haverhill Research Park is to create an impressive, "gateway” development to Haverhill comprising a high quality business/research park within an attractive, well-landscaped environment, incorporating landmark buildings of high architectural quality.
The development will display the following characteristics:
- A mix of exciting and innovative, high quality architecture with landmark buildings at focal points and positive frontages located along the northern site boundary, and along the main access roads into the site;
- A series of well-designed and landscaped, mixed use public spaces linking the development to the surrounding countryside, the adjacent neighbourhood, local services and retail outlets;
- Environmentally, economically and socially sustainable, and designed to cope with climate change;
- Good movement connections for pedestrians and vehicles, providing strong legible links to established routes and facilities with minimal environmental and visual impact to the local landscape;
- Attractive and successful streets and outdoor spaces that will encourage positive use by employees, residents and visitors alike, and will promote both recreation and ecological diversity;
- Promotion of energy, waste and resource efficiency through the overall design, layout and operation of the site
- Utilise sustainable urban drainage solutions, as appropriate;
- A substantial landscaped buffer zone along the southern boundary of the site, between the commercial and residential uses and the rear gardens of properties in Hanchett End;
- Use of high quality landscape solutions and ground re-modelling to minimize and soften the visual impact of new buildings, particularly those on higher parts of the site.